Home > Edwin Espinosa and Alexa Yepes on 030tango
Edwin Espinosa and Alexa Yepes on 030tango
Edwin Espinosa and Alexa Yepes are dancers with more than 15 years of experience in tango.
Alexa Yepes is dancing since 1998. Born in Medellin, Colombia Alexa started her profession as a dancer in several dance companies when she was 7 years old. Her first group was "El balcón de los Artistas" where she learned her first dance steps. She attended different schools like, "Dancing", "Comfenalco" and "BNF", where she studied several disciplines of dancing. At the age of 17 she decided to make Tango her full time profession and entered the Tango company "A puro tango". They won the national championship for choreographed groups in Colombia in 2009. She also danced with the companies "Astro Tango" and "Tango Chique".
Edwin Espinosa is a dancer since 2005. He is from Bogotá, Colombia. Edwin got into contact with Tango when he worked as a waiter in a tango restaurant, where they had regular milongas and teachers visiting at the weekends. He started dancing and soon visited milongas all over Bogotá.
Soon he wanted to make tango his profession and joined a dance school in Bogotá. He wanted to learn different dance styles to complement his skills in Tango.
From 2008 on he won the National Tango Championship of Colombia for three times.
In 2011 Alexa and Edwin met in Medellin and in 2012 they moved to Bogotá to work at different tango shows in restaurants and theaters, building their career as tango dancers and teachers.
Among their achievements are:
• 5th place in the 2013 Campeonato Mundial de Baile de Tango, category Tango de pista
• 2nd place in the 2014 Campeonato Mundial de Baile de Tango, category Tango de pista
• World champions “Milongueros del mundo”, 2013 Metropolitan of Buenos Aires
• Seven times National Champions of Colombia
• Participated at tango festivals worldwide in: Italy, France, Holland, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Norway, Germany, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, Colombia, United States, Canada, Taiwan and Korea
• Performing at the most important milongas of Buenos Aires such as: Milonga de los Domingos, Porteño y Bailarín, Sunderland, La Baldosa, Obelisco Tango, Milonga de los Zucca, La maldita milonga and others